Sunday, March 31, 2013

Look What Happened


Spring finally happened, that's what!  

On Friday it started getting warmer so I was able to wedge some clay.  On Saturday I threw these little guys....I started with about two pounds of clay for each.  The white earth is a departure for me.  I use it for hand building, but I don't think I have thrown with it for at least five years.  But I had a dream about a bunch of little white teapots altered into various shapes and decorated with slips and underglazes while in soft leather stage.  Kristen Kieffer calls it suede, which I think is an apt description.  Then I saw Gary's ewers, and was looking at some little cruets that were my Nanu's.  So these little guys are going to be some sort of vessels with spouts and handles.  By early afternoon they'll be ready to play with.  We'll see, Grasshopper.......we'll see.



Lo and behold the daffodils have finally decided to bloom.  These are by the slab my house is built on which is the warmest part of the garden.  The others out in the yard are only up a few inches.  The bloom season gets stretched a bit this way.


The crocuses are going strong.  I don't know what happened to the snow drops.  I think little underground critters ate them.


I made a lasagna last night using the no-cook noodles for the first time, definitely an idea whose time has come.   I think these may be the best thing since sliced bread.  They are just as tasty as the regular noodles, but without having to dealing with wet noodles slipping and sliding around.  Not for nothing do we say as limp as a wet noodle!


Meanwhile Winter, Aloysius and KikiLaSois sleep through everything.....Except the smell of lasagna!


If you celebrate Easter may it be the most joyous of days.  

And happy spring days to all.

This post will also be over on Mud Colony.  There are lots of posts this week so click on the link and take a little tour of the world of pottery.

Enjoy your day and as always, thanks for stopping by............*s*

11 comments:

  1. Happy Spring, never hear of no cook noodles and the critters look so sweet sleeping all together, Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it is warming up in the north. Your pet family looks so cute curled up together! The daffodils in our yard were disappointing this year, only a few blooms here and there, with some varieties not blooming at all.
    I have shied away from the no cook lasagna noodles, for fear that they may make the lasagna starchy. Nice to know that it was successful. I just might give it a try next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pup, cat and kitteh = !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Suzi,
    You sound so bubbly and happy! Good for you that the daffodils and crocus bloom. We all have a late spring. Good Friday was really GOOD as the temperature went to 75°F and remained there till now. So I guess we're now into spring! The mean wind gave way...
    Wishing you all the best and so glad you discovered those no-cook noodles. Have to try some later; no time for experiments right now. But those inventions are a blessing for us women!
    Wishing you a Happy Easter Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. our daffodils are promising to open---they have buds! I brought some into the house today hoping to encourage them,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff popping up all over by you. It's good to see spring arriving for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pots! Looking forwards to see them completed. Aww, lasagna looks very delicious! It made me hungry... I have just had a lunch : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats and Dogs sleeping together. Cuteness overload! As I told Meredith, thank you for the pics of the flowers. I can't tell you how much I miss spring bulbs! No boil lasagna is a genius invention. Cuts lasagna making time in half.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda.....I always think I should take a picture of the critters when they are resting. It happens so rarely!

    Hi Michelle.....I think I need to divide my daffodils. I think winter affects how they bloom.

    Hi Gary...My pleasure!

    Hi Mariette....I am always surprised at how my mood lifts with warm spring sun!

    Hi Debra....They will bloom....eventually.

    Hi Lori....I hope spring keeps popping. Everything is late this year.

    Hi Midori...I've been having a lot of fun with the pots.

    Hi Claudia....Glad you enjoyed them; flower pics from the southern hemisphere keep me going over the winter. I use Barilla pasta for just about all my pasta needs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting seeing lovely spring flowers, seeing their smiling faces really makes the chilly months of winter worthwhile somehow!
    Always like the thought of little teapots, I'm sure that the ones that you are making will be delightful.

    (not sure if this comment will go more than once, my browser was acting up the first time I tried sending it. P)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Peter....We're Springing while you are Falling! I'm working away on the pots...held up a bit by another bit of cold weather. It was 26F. at 6:00 AM this morning!

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.