Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Candlemas Day

Half your wood,
And half your hay
You should have left on Candlemas Day.

Only we call it Groundhog Day!

This is a photo I took of Woodrow May 2015 before he left for other climes, or perhaps the call of a lady woodchuck.

His favorite entrance was on the west side of the shed so even if he were still here, he would not have seen his shadow!


This is a tile I did three years ago as a special request!  I think he looks rather tentative about coming out of his hidey-hole!


We're expecting another great day with sun and high 40's.  Lots of rain is expected in a day or two.

Enjoy the day and, as always, thanks for stopping by..........*s*

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Linda.....Thanks. They look so cute and are soooooo destructive!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Lori....Thanks. I'm thinking of doing more tiles.

      Delete
  3. Woodrow has taken off for a fair lady, and today is cloudy and rain where I live. Enjoy your sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb....I just hope Woodrow stays out in the woods where he belongs!

      Delete
  4. Awesome tile, and what a great shot you got of your resident ground hog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele....Thanks. The telephoto lens helps.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful sketch of your groundhog. We had quite a few until we moved in permanently and the dogs took over. They groundhogs hightailed it out of the yard and now live outside the fences. Happily in the stonewall by the road. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corrine.....Thanks. I think letting Winter run around by the shed was part of what made him move on.

      Delete
  6. Dearest Suzi,
    Love those photos and especially the one you created.
    We had 80.6ºF today and went for a walk but got rained upon. A friendly young man did give us a ride...
    I'm elated for being without back pain after one week of misery but also feeling proud that I toughed it out without compromising my kidneys.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette....Thanks.
      I think we are getting your rain today.
      So very happy that you are without back pain. Take it easy on yourself!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, one pain free day... It is back again!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Gary....Thanks. BTW your dragons are inspiring!

      Delete
  8. Hi Suzi,

    Love the tile you painted - great job.
    Hope you are enjoying the week
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn.....Thanks! We've been enjoying El Nino warm weather!

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.