Sunday, May 22, 2016

Hiatus Over


Back from my break!  Now to start blogging again!

Below is a new style mug I have been working on.  I make it in two parts, which gets tricky.  The top and bottom have to be well sealed. A mug that leaks is better called a watering can.

There are changes and things I want to add, but this is a start.

Now to get it through the firing!

We'll see, grasshopper.....  


Spring appears to be finally here to stay.  It took it's own sweet time!  I am going to divide the white white bleeding heart when It finishes blooming.  I put it in several years ago as a small plants and it has grown.  Perennials need to be broken up once in a while to keep them healthy.

I like to plant pansies in containers because it's easy to switch them out.  Lat year I kept them going for the better part of the summer by moving them into deep shade.


I've been cleaning up the pool in preparation to opening it.  We have to install the new pump and inlet and outlet.  We put the new liner in last year.  It's like having a new pool!

Enjoy the week ahead, and, as always, thanks for stopping by..................*s*

11 comments:

  1. I have trouble with seams hope your's hold together, pansies are such a great plant to grow they keep on flowering, those and violas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda.....I usually don't have problems with seams on mugs, but I have to work blind when I put the top and bottom together. Firing will tell!

      Delete
  2. I am a petunia spring plant lover...and often have to move them to shade when it gets too hot out there. Cup is delightful, hope its seams hold. Yay you with a pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb....My petunias don't get full sun all day so they do pretty well!

      Delete
  3. Rain and cool here,but summer will roll in any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith.....It's been a strange spring, not quite summer here!

      Delete
  4. Dearest Suzi,
    Hope you will have a successful week with your pump for the pool.
    Your mug looks like a woman's dress, with one arm to the side... At least to me it does.
    We had weird weather for some three days with heavy rain and I was not too happy with the appointment for husband Pieter in Atlanta, for his hearing test. But I managed, the traffic turned out to be the worst, not so much the rain.
    Today I spent for the very first time some time on my chase on the balcony... So seldom to steal some moments away!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette....Yes, that is what the mug is about!
      I hope Pieter's hearing test turns out well.
      I hate driving in heavy rain

      Delete
    2. Dearest Suzi,
      Nope, we went in vain... including the night at the hotel for being there at 10:00 AM. Turned out that Pieter's left ear needs cleaning by an Ear Nose Throat doctor first. What can we say? On Thursday morning he has the appointment and I hope they will get the cleaning done so I can reschedule this hearing test.
      Hugs,
      Mariette

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.