Saturday, March 9, 2019

Flower Friday

Yes, I do know that today is Saturday.  I posted this in Facebook yesterday then got involved in other stuff before posting here.

This is a purchased terra cotta tile glazed in Spectrum #799, majolica white, painted with my own mixed Mason Stains.  It will fire to a hot ^05.

The design is my take on Brugmansia.  I have grown these every summer, except for the last few years due to our caterpillar infestations.  The population crashed, and we have had a few dead trees removed, so we don’t have to be too concerned about branches falling on us.  I am looking forward to warm weather and redesigning the garden to accommodate all the sun we now have.

We’ll see, grasshoppper.........we’ll see..........

As always, thanks for stopping by...............*s*


7 comments:

  1. lovely, you had me going about the Friday, except I just got back from a yard sale that was on Saturday. I'm amazed you trust purchasing a tile and it not melting in your kiln or some such

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda....It was kind of a goof! The tiles are from a pottery supply place so I am confident they won’t have any problems. Terra Cotta is so low fire that I don’t think there would ever be a problem with the clay.
      Happy garaging! Still way too cold for outdoor sales up here.

      Delete
  2. I wish we could do some low temp firings in our kilns, but they are set at cone 5-6. I love the watercolor effects your mason stains give, as well as your free drawing lines...so loose and dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb......Thanks. What temp do you bisque at? I bisque at 05-04, same as glaze I generally mix them in a firing with bisque and glaze on separate shelves.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Suzi,
    That is a lovely Brugmansia. We have lost so many plants over the years and are not even bothering to replace them...
    With tall trees, there is always work to do, cutting out branches that may cause danger for the house or humans around.
    We biked together today, sunny but windy. Yesterday Pieter biked alone as I'd shampooed my hair and did not want to risk catching a cold. Need my voice for performance this Friday as we sing for some 600 people the National Anthem and America the Beautiful. Our rehearsal last night went well.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette.....Blgspot wasbeing strange. I got your message on my email but it didn’t show up here until yesterday. Go figure!

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.