Sunday, August 25, 2019

Fish

I started this fish while Aloysius was sick.    Unlike throwing, I could work for small periods of time and easily stop when I wanted to give him attention.


Terra cotta, entirely handbuilt.  I am not totally satisfied with the tail.  Next time!

Although I often single fire decorative pieces I am going to bisque this one.  There are so many fragile add ons that it will be safer and easier to glaze when it is bisqued.

As always, thanks for stopping by........*s*

5 comments:

  1. I can just imagine him swimming in my aquarium or pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda...Thanks. I put my fish on the rocks around our little pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a great shape, and you'll always remember your care given to your cat while you made him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome fish! My betta fish died very unexpectedly last week so this little guy made me smile and think of him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Suzi,
    Wow, and that will be forever a kind of beautiful 'memorial' in memory of sweet Aloyisius' final time with you both.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.