Saturday, May 1, 2021

Is It Mud?.......Or

 ........the start of something?

My birthday present to myself, among others, is a box of Tucker’s clay.  It’s a low fire terra cotta with Frit #3124, which, toes crossed, will be much like my gone but much loved Miller #25. The expense of shipping costs almost as much as the clay.  It may be better to make my own.

We’ll see,grasshopper.......we’ll see...........



Meanwhile it has been such a joy to walk into my sunroom and see that the plants that I over wintered are blooming. It's still a little chilly for them to go outside, but they do make me know that spring is truly coming.


The little chipmunk is a bonus visitor to the seeds I put out every morning.  They don't appear until it warms up a bit or the days get longer, or perhaps a combo of Bothe.


 It's lovely to be able to go out and work with just a sweatshirt on in this sunny but breezy day.

The hawks have been eyeing the fish pond. "That is food and if you are not going to eat it, we will!"  Net may be in order!

As always, stay safe, (I am now fully vaccinated.) and thanks for stopping by...........*s*

9 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    Yes, seeing the chipmunks in action is always a bonus.
    Having such heavy loads shipped is rather expensive and it will get even worse when gas prices go up more than they did lately. That impacts all transport and also our grocery prices.
    Glad you finally got your vaccines done. We are already in our third month past.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderrful...new creations are on the horizon! Can't wait to see what you come up with. So glad it's warmer, and spring has appeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb.....It might even be here permanently!

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely feeling the spring vibes!

    Here's to hoping the new clay will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shellhawk...I ofte get comments about getting excited over what is basically mud! Clay people understand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New clay! Have fun with it.
    We got our 2nd dose of moderna last month. It is such a relief. We are still being careful. Limiting our close contact to a couple of friends that are also vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele......Proge got his first shot two weeks ago so we are still being careful!

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.