Monday, August 9, 2021

Majolica Monday #7

This is a very old vase I found at the back of a shelf I was cleaning out.

It was part of a workshop on making large vessels from thrown and assembled parts.


 I am fairly certain the glaze is Linda Arbuckle's Majolica white. 

The design is taken from a tile I saw at the RISD Museum show Gifts of the Nile back in the 1990's.  The original is Calf in the Bullrushes. I subbed in the spotted cat and kept my version of the papyrus. The other designs are meant to reference Egypt without wholesale copying.

As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by.............*s*

 

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    You designed it very well and it still looks very attractive!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece...the glaze work makes it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb...Thanks. It's interesting to have these old pieces show up.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.