Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Majolica Monday #11 (BLTN Edition)

These are some of the first goblets I ever made way back in 1985-'86 when I first became entranced with majolica.  I originally worked with a white clay body called Newton White.  It came from Cutter Ceramics after they bought out Newton Pottery which was before my time.  This was a high talc, low fire white.  I loved working with it as it was easy to throw and hand build with.  Ultimately I changed to a terra cotta body because I liked the way my glazes looked over the darker body.  The glaze was an old Val Cushing low fire. I loved the way it felt but it was so soft that it chipped easily.


 This was originally a set of six with stars, heart, and rings being the other three. 

The cuttings are from a sweet potato.  The provide a touch of greenery all winter. I am also going to bring in petunias to winter over.

All this started because I have been getting my sunroom ready to bring in plants. In the process I have cleaned up a storage area on the deck.  As I have said before, It's amazing the forgotten stuff you find when you clean up forgotten areas. 

As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by.......*s*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.